Thursday 22 November 2012

Helenka's Art

I've been doing some research on different portrait artists and came across Helenka... an abstract artist from Argentina, her work is usually done in acrylic paint on cardboard, canvases and papers. I don't usually like abstract I prefer drawings/paintings created so detailed that they look photographed but for some reason I find Helenka's work fascinating. The colours she uses make the image detailed in a way I haven't seen before in abstract art and I really like it, she uses tone but with different colours to represent the light and dark areas and colour is reflected everywhere. Also, I find all of her images have an atmosphere of intimacy, heat and passion.

Here are some examples of her work.























These images are inspiring, and Have given me some ideas about creating self portraits in her style of abstract art.

No comments:

Post a Comment