Thursday 10 January 2013

Abstract acrylic painting


I can't really paint that well but we've been doing acrylic painting in class, Using an arrangement of random objects grouped together in the centre of the room we chose sections of the arrangement to draw/ paint/ sketch etc... I found it particularly hardrawing from a distance, without much close detail and painting in an abstract style as it's not really my preference but I got on with it and here are the results....

 This is the first one I did. I have reflected colours wherever I could see them and kept the shapes relatively easy on the eye and simple but at the same time I think the colours I have used mixed with all the square/rectangular shapes make it look really effective and modern. I put quite a lot of small detail on the horse skull with small brushes and when it dried I added pencil and pen to selected areas as a final touch which has given it a scratchy quality when you see it face to face which I really like. I like the shading I've applied but I could have done with having darker areas to make it a bit more 3d but other than that I wouldn't really change anything.



I like this image, It's detailed and abstract which sometimes go against eachother but I think has worked quite well in this piece...There are alot of complimentary colours in this painting that I think are quite effective and also, everything has a floaty quality, like everything is levitating which I think is interesting and the brush work is messy but that works well.. 










This is an abstract painting of a girl in the style of Helenka- an artist I have mentioned previously in my research. Although the head is abit over sized I'm proud of the colour and technique I have used in the darker side of the face and the hand and background. The white jumps out of all the dark dingy colours and it makes the whole painting very interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment