Monday 25 February 2013

Townscape research print!

Ewa Kienko Gawlik- I have researched her work in the past for her beautiful figure paintings and drawings- she is a very talented artist from Poland and is very much focused on the female body which is clear to see when you look at these drawings of "old streets" which she seems to like to do every now and again.. They aren't very detailed and look like they haven't had much time spent on them but they have a charming quality that is continued throughout her townscape images...


This image wouldn't be as good if she hadn't have made the darker areas that dark, it adds more of an eery atmosphere to go with the dark road that is slowly disappearing down the page.
This is probably one of the more detailed of her townscapes and even this isn't that detailed.. I like her use of the perspective and the single dark character in the distance it gives the image a more mysterious atmosphere, and I love the selected detail in the cobbled walls and I can only describe it as cute. I love the rough lines of shade she has used in the corners of the walls and floors...


I think this image is lovely, it's not exciting but it's got great atmosphere. The bare tree and fairy lights make create the illusion of winter or cold weather and the oranges, reds and browns warm the image up. The image is cluttered with restaurant imagery,notice boards, tables, chairs, cute little signs in the windows and this makes the image feel all cosy and homely which I love. As I said it may not be the most exciting but It's a simple painting with a clear and positive atmosphere. I found this painting on a blog, it does not say who painted it, what it is called or any other information but I really like this image.

http://marimbamonkey14.deviantart.com/art/Batman-on-Hallucinogens-60921736      <--- has townscape artist on it !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment