Monday 10 December 2012

Bird Skull study

Self drawn image of Bird skull to practice the anatomy of the bird skull, drawn with  4b, 2b, and 6b pencils on white cartridge paper. I really like the detail inside the eye socket but the shading could be improved. Also, the top of the skull is mis-shapen and could be improved.
This is my drawing of a much smaller bird skull, It's very detailed and behind in very small, faint pencil lines is the skeleton of a bird... this was not needed but in my opinion it makes the image alot better and adds originality. The shading could be better and the eye socket on the far right is abit dodgy but I like this drawing.
I created this image of a bird skull on the sewing machineIt is a replica of the image below but changed arou nd abit. There is no shading and I have used black sequined material inside the eye socket and the mouth area and it really goes well with the dark green thread. I have made some of the lines thicker in some areas to define them, add shape and make the image more interesting. It's a really original take on a bird skull.





My really simple point and like drawing of a bird skull, with line definition and no shading it's simple but effective.
Quick drawing of a larger bird skull, I don't really like this drawing very much- I rushed it quite abit which makes the shading look shabby and inaccurate. Some areas aren't proportionally correct and it's not very detailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment