Monday 10 December 2012

Portrait in textiles




This is an image of me as a child that I have drawn... it only has the main facial features, minimal shading and bold eyes... in my opinion this drawing is perfect for editing as it wont be difficult to change or add to. I am going to try and re-create this image in textiles with sewing machines, other materials and embroidery and post pictures of my weekly progress.......................................... 






WEEK ONE. 

 Firstly, as you can see, I have quickly (and not very carefully) sketched the outlines of the image onto a piece of fabric- I haven't spent much time on it because it's most likely going to be covered up/ sewn over etc. Then, for the hair and the eyebrows I have used the felting technique- collected bits of felt and attatched them with a felting needle. Also, I found some green patterned material I could use for the eyes and sewn then on and also attached more felt for the pupils with will make them look more 3D. I like the hair and eyebrows, The felt makes the hair look more realistic which I really like..


No comments:

Post a Comment