Friday 7 December 2012

Book Cover

Firstly, I had to create an image in photoshop of my portrait that aso reflects my personality but is also edited in photoshop. I started off with this image.



















 Here I have added a filter, selected certain areas and changed the colours for example i selected the area in the top left hand corner and changed it into a block colour of grey, and also other areas around the background i have selected and changed the filters into charcoal for example and changed the colour. To select certain areas I used the magic wand tool and changed the filters. I really like this filter, although it takes away the detail Its a really nice effect and you can clearly still tell that it's me.
Here I have done the same with the above but experimented with more red in the background. I don't like this one has much I feel as though I have taken away too much detail...

















I then decided I didn't really like the image whilst edited, so I decided to keep the original image in the centre and add other photos around it to reflect my personality with images of family.
This is the image I created for the front cover of the book. I used the clone tool to add the images of family behind the centre image then blurred around the edges as an unusual effect. I improvised as I went along and ended up with this image that I really like because it really reflects my family orientated life and i liked it so much I immediately decided that this had to be my front cover...


















 I scanned this image onto my computer- it is a self drawn portrait and I have used it for the back of my book because it reflects my personality and love of art and decided to use this because I didn't scan in a drawing for my front cover...

This is another self drawn image that i have cropped and inserted to the cover of my book just to add abit extra to the front cover to make it abit more interesting and also because I really like this drawing..












I have saved the template for my book cover to the computer and opened it in photoshop, I then added all the images and text to it and this is the end result...
 This is the book cover finished but without text.... Its quite plain but i really like it- theres black and white and colour which I think is quite dynamic.

This is the finished result; I have added the title 'MY LIFE' in dark bold simple capital letters because it;s short simple and straight to the point, and also added it to the spine along with my name and for the blurb I just added some fake quotes by celebrities and a simple quick sentence about my imaginary book. I think the finished result looks good- it's very me.





If I was to do this project all over again I'd probably use more techniques on the finished piece, although I didn't really like most of them I feel as though the book cover would have looked more creative if I had used more tools/techniques etc. Secondly, The cover lacks color... If I were to do this again I would definitely add some photoshop effects onto the scanned portrait image on the back to create something interesting to look at at the back... Also, my original thought was that bold black writing would be more effective but I'm starting to think I could have at least changed the font into a nicer maybe even fancier font and possibly changed the color because it seriously lacks color. But I do really like my finished piece I think it reflects what kind of person I am and that was the main aim really, the images are interesting, there's not too much writing and everything is in place and went to plan so I am perfectly happy with the result even though it could be improved.







No comments:

Post a Comment