Friday 7 December 2012

Photoshop bird skull

Starting Point
This is my drawing of a bird skull drawn in pencil as part of my research in still life and this is the image I have chosen to scan to the computer and edit in photoshop. I used a canon scanner to upload it to 'image capture', saved it to my area and uploaded it in photoshop.























 In photoshop I changed the image size to 150 dpi so that it's the perfect size to edit, layer etc, if i was going to upload it to my blog I'd change it to 70dpi and if I wanted to print I'd change it to 300dpi so that the image is detailed.

Here are some images I have done on photoshop using a number of different filters, effects etc.




 The patchy effect on the background skeleton has been done with the wand tool, The scratchy effect has been done with the pen tool and I faded the layer with the drawing on so that the purple layer from behind shows through which I really like.....

















 I have added a charcoal smudge filter to this image and darkened the brightness but kept the same purple background and scratchy effect as the image before and also experimented with more colour into the skeleton behind.















 In this image i have exoerimented with brightness and colour, greens and purples with more pen around the skull.


Here in these images below are a number of filters and colours that i have experimented with and I think they look really good....


No comments:

Post a Comment