Monday 10 December 2012

Life drawing...


Rebekah, My little sister.
 Tonal drawing quickly done in 20 minutes (because she wouldn't keep still!) It's not very detailed and the shirt isn't shaded but it makes the image more interesting.
























Hannah, Friend






This is a life observation of a friend.. It's detailed and I took alot of time on it, it's more realistic than the others even though there isn't any heavy shading, it resembles her very well and also, it was easy to draw because of her unusual pose. Oringinally I drew my friend Dylan next to her aswell but it went badly wrong so I cut her out.






















Me as a young child
 This isn't a life observation but it is a self portrait of me as a child, drawn from a photograph... I have only kept the main features of the face not really adding any face shape or line definition to the face shape, there is minimal shading which makes it good to edit, add to or change and it simply detailed with no heavy tones apart from on the eyes so your eyes are immediately drawn to them. I really lie this image as I've added my own original flair to it even if it is in a small way.






Dylan, Friend.


This is a life observation of my friend Dylan, I made a really big mistake when I did this- The nose/ cheek area isn't shaped how it should be because when I started drawing her she wasn't smiling so that she didn't have to smile for long and when she did eventually smile it changed her whole face which has left my drawing looking rather unusual and in my opinion, has ruined it. Theres alot of small detail that took ages to do with cross hatch effect and small areas of bold lines and dark shading. It doesn't look very detailed and it isn't very realistic enough- it looks like an animated character and I really don't like it. But I'll remember my mistakes for next time.


Life drawing of a puppy


This is a life observation of a puppy- even though it isn't human it's still observing life. It was easy to draw because the puppy was asleep and only took 10 minutes with a 4h pencil on white cartridge paper.




















Life observation of Nicole from class


 In class, we took turns modelling for the class in 15 minute sessions, which meant we had to get it done quickly. This is my drawing of nicole from the side- It resembles her but could be imrpoved if I had more time on it.



















Life observation of Alex from class



This is another class drawing of Alex, I didn't have enough time to draw the mouth or detail from behind the glasses or ear but I think it looks very original. There isn't much shading and it is far from finished but I think it looks fine the way it is.






























No comments:

Post a Comment